June 13, 2009

A Pedi In My Pad



I just got a pedicure, my hair trimmed and colored, and my face threaded, all in the comfort of my own home. There's this great girl that does house calls, and she is good. It cost 55LE or about $10. I don't have to worry about the kids and the price is great. The PedEgg is good for upkeep but once in a while you need a real full pedicure.

I always make the same lame joke that my shoes will be looser after or that I must have lost at least a kilo of dead skin. Hardyharhar. I have a theory about feet. When you go out regularly in socks and shoes the sweat + friction keeps dead skin at bay, as gross as that is. If you're in flip flops most of the time like me, you get the dry heels more often.

I suppose there are some places in the US where you can get your nails done at home but for the most part you'd have to get your self to a salon for all these services. This is a definite Egypt plus!

13 comments:

  1. I like the title of this post. And cool! I never heard of that in Egypt. Good to know. What a bargain, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds great. I've been trying to find someone who could 'thread'. No luck so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pretty simple to find a place in America to do it, but not for 10$ unless you enlist relatives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so afraid of threading, a total baby when it comes to that. You are brave! I must rely on my Vietnamese nail salon for eyebrow waxing with a girl named Thuong :) 8 bucks and a tip later, it's annoying :)

    Oh I can't even remember the last time I had a pedi! Sounds so ncie in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm Omar, lol, yea it's great. and cheap!

    Anne Marie, Good luck.

    PerplxinTexan, Really? I never saw that in NJ, maybe more common in the south?

    Lisa, it doesn't hurt until she gets near your nose.

    Thanks for commenting all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a most beautiful foot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh Mona, I love pedi's!! That's great that you can have it in the comfort of your own home...I'm so jealous sis :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Majda, yes it is.

    Washi, come over I'll call her up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for for the last 2 months!!! People I talk to know someone but I can NEVER get a number or make an appointment thru them.... does she or is she willing to travel???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Empress Anisa...so they wont share her number? She doesn't travel but when you come visit we can order up a couple pedi's!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, I'd LOVE to have someone come to my home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thats so cheap.
    and yes, i agree with you about the dry heel/thongs thing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous1:04 AM

    ...please where can I buy a unicorn?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!