April 6, 2009

Oops!

So the other day I had a dish that belonged to my neighbors and I wanted to return it to her before it got broke in my crowded little kitchen, so when my kids came home from school, I was busy in the kitchen, that time is pretty hectic, I asked Salwa to take the plate that was on the dinner table to auntie downstairs and that was that. About 10 minutes later my neighbor called and was like..You don't have to send food over every time I send you something... I was like....Uh What food? She said the potatoes. I was confused. What potatoes? She said Salwa brought me a plate of fries. I laughed for about a minute then figured out what happened. Salwa had taken a plate of yesterday's left over fries I had put on the table for the kids after school till I got dinner ready! A greasy plate of yesterday's fries is what she thought I'd send over! We had a good laugh about it while Salwa made a sad face. I explained to her it was an honest mistake since we don't usually send empty dishes and that we were laughing with her not at her.

12 comments:

  1. OMG thats hilarious.

    imagine though if she didnt tell you and instead gossiped around the building at how "mona sent me greasy chips!" and hearing all the other women respond "Ya Salam!"

    at least she laughed at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'day's left over fries? LoL~ Glad that things ended with a hearty laugh! ^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ange,
    I like your point of view, it is very likely to happen :)
    Mona, you were saved by the call ...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha, that's cute. A story to tell Salwa's kids one day, insha'Allah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea the idea that she could have taken it seriously and not gotten that it was a mistake was what made it funny. Thankfully she's an easy going nice woman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so nice of Salwa it surely teaches how well you have raised her...is this little things that makes us feel good about our jobs as moms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:53 AM

    You have such a nice life

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is soo funny,kids are soo cute

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol that's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sooo funny! And what Ange thought is exactly what Im thinking too... imagine, us receiving greasy, soggy chips, What would we do? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww how cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!