April 8, 2009

Motherhood and I

I was tagged by Jessy at Chocolate Mints in a Jar for this post on Motherhood.

Here’s how it’s going to work: this post that you’re reading? Is the departure lounge. I’m going to link to a couple of other mom bloggers here in Canada, and to a couple of mom bloggers from other countries around the world, and they’ll write their posts, sharing 5 things that they love (or maybe what they don’t so much love - this playground doesn’t force conformity) about being a mom, and then they’ll tag a few more bloggers from their own country and from other countries, and so on. And you’re more than welcome to join: just write a post of your own (5 things that you love about being a mom) and find someone to link to and tag - someone from your own country, if you like, but definitely someone from another country (Google is a good resource if you don’t know any; google any country name and ‘mom’ in their blog search function) (be sure to let them know that you’ve tagged them!) - and link back here and leave a comment and we’ll add you to the ‘itinerary,’ which David will compile and post and update as the tour proceeds.

Five things about being a mom

  1. Before having my first, I had never even held a baby, let alone, fed one or changed a diaper. He survived.
  2. Sometimes I look at them and can't believe they are really my kids. How did that happen? When did they get so big? When did they become who they are so far?
  3. It's hard sometimes. It's hard a lot. It's always worth it though. Seeing them doing something you taught them or seeing good behavior you've instilled in them is amazing.
  4. I wish I could have a day off once in a while. Totally OFF.
  5. I don't only love my kids, because they're my kids, I like them. I like who they are, their personalities and how each one is different and interesting in their own ways.
I'm tagging Mistika @ Elashry Casa and UmmOmar @ Just Another Day...The Jugling Act of an American Muslim 'cause they are great moms I want to hear from about this.

6 comments:

  1. I too never fed or changed a baby before my daughter. Al Hamdulla everything turned out fine.
    When you figure out a way to take a day off please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tag. I just did it. :-)
    Love #5-note to self- appreciate kids more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, Will do!

    UmmOmar, great, heading on over there now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:22 PM

    hey mona,
    can you please make a post about : "Whats in your purse?"
    thanks
    p.s if you already made one, can you please post a link to it?
    Lameese

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lameese...I did it twice before, lol. in 2008:
    http://mamamona.blogspot.com/2008/10/mamas-got-brand-new-bag.html
    And in 2007:
    http://mamamona.blogspot.com/2007/02/i-swiped-this-idea-from-chicmommy.html
    Maybe I'll do it again some time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah mashallah... inshallah that will be me one day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!