March 8, 2009

Cash

I thought it might be interesting to post what Egyptian money looks like. I tried to find ones in good condition, most of the smaller notes are in bad shape but there are some decent ones to be found. Largest to smallest, click to enlarge:

200 pound note


100 pound note


50 pound note

20 pound note

10 pound note


5 pound note

1 pound note

1 pound/LE coin

50 piasters (1/2 LE) note

50 piasters coin



25 piasters note

25 piasters coin (quarter LE)



I love seeing money from different countries so this can be a tag if anyone feels like posting their local currency.

10 comments:

  1. I love those coins!! They're the prettiest I've seen by far, although the last ones remind me of a Chinese coin I used to wear around my neck as a kid. This is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the thing I find so interesting about the egyptian paper money is that one side has the islamic touch with the mosques and the other side has the ancient egyptian flair to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Egyptian money specially the stuff we can buy with it...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so Egyptian!! lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I've always loved looking at different country's currency too. I'll see if I can do a post on it too. I just need to get my hands on some money! BTW, coins are pretty much out of circulation here in Saudi Arabia. At the supermarket, they ring up prices with the decimals, but they never give you any coin change back! It goes to the store!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, seeing currency from different countries is interesting...I could post US currency, but that would be so boring. (yawn).

    I like M.J.'s idea of putting those coins onto a necklace. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think you guys are over-killing the whole pyramid thing..lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad it was interesting! Lol yea the pyramids, over rated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait a sec Naseem, there are no pyramids on any of the money.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The money sure has changed in the last 15 years. I remember the pound as it is and the 25 piasters bill and coin. Cool new pound coin. They had a dinar coin here in Jordan for some time, but it was an easy knock-off and was removed. I even had a fake one once and couldn't understand why no one would take it. Ha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!