February 16, 2009

Mom of The Year

Khadra @ Crab Goggles has so kindly given me this award, really it's undeserved but I'm not one to turn down an award. This is a tag type of deal so I'll be passing this on to 5 other blog mamas.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Rules:

1. Admit one thing you feel awful about (involving being a mom). Once you have written it down, you are no longer allowed to feel bad. Remember you are a good mom!
2. Remind yourself that you ARE a good mom, list 7 things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you.
3. Send this to 5 other moms of the year that deserve a reminder that they too are the best moms that they can be.

Remember to send them a note letting them know you have selected them, and also add a link to your post that directs people back to the person who nominated you.

Here's my 3...

1. I feel bad for yelling sometimes. It can feel like I'm invisible and I resort to a higher volume to make my point. I need to stop that.

2. 7 positive things...
  1. I enjoy playing with the kids. Sometimes we do water colors or play dolls or board games, whatever, I always feel glad that I did.
  2. I'm pretty sure my kids like that I like to bake and make treats.
  3. I like that one of them looks a lot like me;)
  4. My kids still think I'm pretty cool...for now.
  5. I love when they say something really funny or so smart out of the blue.
  6. I like watching movies with them, age appropriate of course, but it's always fun to see how they'll react to something I loved as a kid or discovering a new fun film together.
  7. I love listening to them talking amongst themselves at night in their rooms when they don' know I can hear them, it's great to get inside their heads.

Moms I want to pass this on to:

7 comments:

  1. you deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mona... you're definitely one of the coolest! Thanks for the nod!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much habibi! You are really a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Sis Mona! ^^ I'm sure the little angels think the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Mona! You deserve it big time! You are a great mom!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!