February 9, 2009

Chewy Crispy Goodness

Today the kids and I made Rice Crispy Treats!! It's been so many years since I've had them and I had to introduce my kids to this yummy treat! They are chewy pieces of Americana.

It was kind of a splurge for the marshmallows, a bag is 18.50LE, but it's just a once in a while thing. The kids were pretty skeptical and were convinced I'd just ruined a whole bag of marshmallows when I poured them into a pot with some butter. That didn't stop them from asking if they were cooled yet approximately every 5 minutes for the short while they took to set.

Needless to say they LOVED them and kept asking for more. Now they're like "we should add chocolate next time" "and peanut butter!" Yep. Those are my kids alright.

12 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm! Rice Krispy Treats are my ultimate favorite! I only make them every once in while because I will seriously eat the entire pan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alsalamou Alaikom,
    This is the first time I've visited your blog but i love it! :) and the story with the rice krispey treats is so cute!! but here in America i cna't eat them unless they use halal marshmallow in making them...so i have to miss out on such a yummy treat lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muslimah, yea good thing I have the kids to hold me accountable!

    Malekat El7oriya, Welcome! I've heard rumors of halal marshmellows in the US, maybe google it? You know you can make them with Marshmallow Fluff and that has no Gelatin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love to eat rice cryspi but then again I love sweeet things, I know Samia wuold love to make them and EAT them specially

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohh, they look yummy! I tried to make them once...the marshmallow turned into a rock...it was not pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yumm I love those!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmmmmm looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Mona :)...that looks delicious!How do you make these treats?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mistika, I'm sure she would!

    Melissa, I wonder how that happened..

    Anisah, Yea me too, welcome.

    Naseem, tastes it too!

    Jasmina, basically it's a few tablespoons of butter melted added a bag of marshmallows and heat on low till melted and add 6 cups of crisp rice cereal. Then stir well till its all coated evenly then spread it in a non stick or buttered pan and left to cool a bit, then cut into squares and EAT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made that recently! However mine came out a little too crispy. Do you mind telling me your recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jannah, yea they're best when chewy...maybe it needed more marshmallow or less cereal...Anyway I used the recipe here- http://www.ricekrispies.com/Display.aspx?kic=true&recipe_id=1605

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy, That is so funny...Now tell the kids that their lives will never be the same again because of the discovery of Rice Krispy Treats.:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!