January 28, 2009

Sitto


My dear grandma passed away two days ago...Inna Lilahi wa Inna Elaihe Raje'3oon....To God We Belong and to Him We Return.

The only grandparent I ever knew, she was wonderful. She was always kind to everyone and always spoiled us grand kids the way grandparents do.
She was a wonderful woman, mother to six, grandmother to thirteen, and great grandmother to sixteen. We all loved going to her house and she was the thread that held our family together. Everyone in the community loved her.

Sitto, as we called her, took care of my sister and brother and I, a lot. She would take us to ride the Staten Island Ferry and to play in Battery Park. She'd let us open the chips while we were still in the grocery store. I loved hearing her stories about when she was young. She always had a big smile. I miss my sitto so much. She had suffered with Alzheimer's disease in recent years but I will always remember her the way she was in this photo. Vibrant and full of life. Smiling and healthy. May Allah grant her Paradise, inshaAllah.

18 comments:

  1. Ameen!
    My condolences to you and your family. You are very lucky to have known a grandparent in your lifetime, I was not so fortunate...
    Wa'salaam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mona
    My deepest commiseration goes to you. It is hard to loose a loved one.
    3atham Allahu Ajrakom.
    Nilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ina Lillah wa ina ilayhi raji3oon,
    el baka2 lillah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry habibi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. InshaAllah, Ameen to your dua... it's never easy to lose a loved one but look at this way she'll never have to suffer anymore- please find comfort in knowning that.
    Isn't that you on the right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all. Yes that's me on the right, my sister's on the left...we both look like boys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Mona, I'm so sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts. And as Empress said, try and find comfort in that fact she is no longer suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Assalamu'alaikum Wr,Wb

    Pak Karamu visiting your blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Assalamualikum Sis,

    Verily to Allah belongs what He took and to Him belongs what He gave and everything with Him has an appointed time.

    May Allah magnify your reward, make better your solace and forgive your deceased. Ameen.

    May Allah give her a place in Firdaus Al-A'la Ameen.

    My heartfelt condolence to you and your family. Your mum must be really upset.

    Wasalams

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your face hasn't changed at all....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Salam alekium rahmatullah wa baraktuh sis, I'm sorry for your loss :( Your sitto sounds like she was a very lovely woman. Allah swt really blessed you with her presence. Ameen to your dua. I hope you're holding up alright.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry for your loss. This must be a really sad time for you and your family. May Allah forgive her and grants her Jannah, May you be reunited with her in Firdaws.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ina lilah we ina ilyhe rajoon

    shideeh 7eelik...il baqaaa lilah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Assalamualaikum Sis,

    Extending my heartfelt condolences to you and your family. May Allah S.W.T bless the deceased and induce patience to her loved ones. Be strong sis. I'm sure that's the way she wants you to remember her as well. Insha'Allah, she has gone to a much happier place.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mona, my deepest sympathies and condolences to you and your family at this time. I pray for you all.

    Much love,
    Dayna

    ReplyDelete
  16. I dont know what happened, I came back to see the comments and mine isnt here :( Im sorry hun... may Allah reward him.. ameen to all the duaas... You are in my thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  17. Im so sorry Mona.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww...sister, I am so sorry for your loss. May Allah forgive her and allow her to enter the Jannah.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!