January 10, 2009

Jon & Kate + 8 vs Little People Big World


I figured out I have this channel I wasn't aware of called Discovery Travel & Living and both these shows are on each weekday. So I've been watching for about a week and I definitely like Little People Big World better. The Roloffs are such a caring family and I like all of them. For those of you not familiar, it's a reality show about a family, the mom and dad are little people and they have 4 kids, one of them is a little person. I'm pretty sure the episodes we get aren't the most recent but anyway, they all seem really sweet and fair with each other.It gives you a bit of a look into life as a little person, the differences are few and we see how they're just like everyone else.

Jon & Kate + 8 is entertaining just to see how they do things. They have twin girls and sextuplets so, life with 8 kids...makes me feel like, OK it could louder here. Ha, that's horrible.
Kate annoys me somewhat, just her personality. She is kind of controlling and belittles her husband all the time, but I do give her props for being able to handle and organize their life. That is no small task and it's a good thing she's OCD.

I also caught a couple of home type shows like Flip That House where they renovate homes to re-sell for profit, and While You Were Out, they do a surprise redecorate for someone. I should have been a carpenter.

16 comments:

  1. Yeah, that Jon & Kate has become quite popular here as well... did u see the episode where she was interviewing housekeepers? And when they took the kids to the annual 4th of July parade in his hometown? I giver her credit too but she berates him toooo much- and I think she's a little nutso... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I LOVE both of those shows! Kate is a little....um....but I stil like her! :) And the Roloffs are such a sweet family mashallah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol Empress, yea that episode was on today, she wanted the maid to mop the floors on hands and knees.

    Muslimahh, I know, I want to give them a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be afraid of midgits until watching that show. I'd alwaus been ashamed of my fear but unable to get over it, and the show really helped me out, lol. They're an awesome family and really admirable too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MJ, That's interesting, I do believe that the politically correct term for people with dwarfism is little people, just something I read. Midgets is offensive to some little people. I think they're admirable too, the business they run and I love the fun stuff they've built for the kids like the massive tree house and pirate ship are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you, Mona. I really like the Roloffs too. I grew up with parents who were 'disabled' (they're both deaf) and its nice to see another family dealing with disabilities. Its cool to see that they are just a normal family, just like we were. Everyone always had this idea that we had a different, difficult life, but it was just normal to us. It nice to see families like this making into the mainstream. And hopefully dispelling ideas about disabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Roloffs. I seriously hate Kate and that show. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should watch What Not To Wear. lol pretty funny/stylish/interesting show =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Regina, yea I think so too, people now see that they're just normal people with the same concerns as all of us.

    Naseem, lol hate is a strong word, but she definitely gets on my nerves.

    Jannah, I've seen it! They are so honest, sometimes brutally so.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love TLC, the channel that plays all these shows. My husband finds me lame for watching and enjoying the shows, but I just do! I watch What Not to Wear and Moving Up most. Oh, and those Flipping shows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to watch the Discovery Channel too and all of those shows you mentioned plus Grand Designs and Dream Homes.

    I admire Kate for being so organized but I don't like her for the way she treats her husband. Did you see the episode where they were all at Toys R Us and she was yelling at him? Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Canice, Yea this channel is just like TLC, well almost.

    Maryanndipity, I didn't see that episode but I'm not surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, she just had one of the girls take a picture with her first poop in the potty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love little people big world, but I've never seen the other one, I will check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love home shows. I watch the Home and Garden Network (HGTV) like all the time.

    I am not a fan of Jon and Kate because I think she's crazy controlling! But I guess with 8 kids you have to be. She yells a lot though, I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Home shows are great, we get the style network and I love Dress My Nest!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!