December 7, 2008

Train Of Thought.....

Last night we were about to have suhoor but the ambooba finished, so what did we do? What any normal family does. Go to McDonald's at 3 am for the predawn meal before fasting, of course. It was so funny, the kids were really amused by the whole thing, as were we, to be honest.

I don't know what we'll do for dinner because the ambooba hasn't yet been replaced but, I'm sure we'll eat whatever when the time comes.

The landline phone isnt working for some reason, might need a new wire or something but it's annoying because I should call people tonight to say Eid Mubarak. I hope we can figure out what the problem is, inshaAllah.

Now my friend want to change the party till the day after, so that way her MIL will have left...I can understand, but you know kids and there hopes, a day feels like a week to them. This is how life is here, people change plans on you last minute. I have been invited to parties the day of, several times. Its weird.

There was a big ole sheep in our stair well earlier. Why they had it there is weird. My neighbor said so her kids can look at him a while...I don't know. but I'd rather not meet my food before it's dinner time.

Ugh, I still have to go exchange Safiyahs shoes tonight, don't really feel like it. Hope everyone's having a good day today inshaAllah. Later peeps.

7 comments:

  1. EID MUBARAK sister hope the kids party is awsome!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea ;) ..... and Happy eid to u and ur family .... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, definately couldnt go see the sheep before either :( inshAllah the amooba will get fixed soon, sis! made me laugh about having the suhoor (always wondered how to spell that!) at mcDonalds! hehe. Eid Mubarak!

    ReplyDelete
  4. living in egypt huh?
    i dont want no ambooba

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog :) Interesting stuff and gives a face to the people in Egypt.
    My blog is:
    www.no2wars.wordpress.com

    Please drop by :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Meeting the food? What if the kid asks where 'fluffy' is??

    "Oh, habeebi, fluffy moved on to a better place.... namely your digestive tract and our freezer" *smile* See? That's just wrong....

    Hope ya'll have an amazing barty =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol S&S, yea the barty was berfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!