December 28, 2008

On My Mind...

Sorry I haven't posted much lately, been feeling kinda blah and nothing to write about. The kids have mid-year exams now, (yea I know..grade school...it's too intense) Anyone who's had kids go to school or they themselves go to school in Egypt, know what I mean. The last one Dawood has will be Jan 22 so, ew. I hate nagging them to stop dillydallying and study, but it has to be done. They are always inventing new ways to waste time. Spend half an hour in the bathroom. Drink of water in slow motion. I have to sharpen my pencil...again. But it's not studying all the time..just a few hours a day. Most parents here sit at the table with the kid(s) and spoon feed them all the answers, but I want them to learn to study on their own. I'll test them and answer questions, sure, but none of that drill it into their brains stuff. Anyway after all the exams are done, we'll have a break till Feb 14, so that will be good.

I'm so over cooking these days. Every day that same old question....What to make for dinner? I really am tired of it. I need some inspiration. I think I'll turn on Fatafeat, the middle east's version of The Food Network.

Finally, my heart is heavy after waking up to the news about what is going on in Palestine. What can I say that hasn't already been said? May Allah end the occupation and free Palestine.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:30 PM

    Bismillah,
    Salams .. i hope your kids end up with the best marks on their exams inshaallah (pray for my kids too :))
    I feel the same way as you do about Palestine and i am very sad..Astaghfuralah can u belive it? more than 100 shaheed!! (in jennah inshaallah)
    So..2009 is in 5 days...2008 surely had unforgettable moments like the elections. HAPPY NEWYEAR!
    So did u find anything interesting on Fatafeat?
    keep on postin'!!!
    =) Lameese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:44 PM

    Mona,
    My kids used to do the same thing, the inventing new ways to waste time!!lol i remember doing that too..My soon would randomly come into the living room and watch tv with me and i am all like: GO BACK. Sometimes he's like i forgot omething downstaires..and then takes forever to come back..
    Its annoying but if i were him i would get bored of studying all weekend. Wouldnt you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL... Im an old geezer and I still do that... no want study!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!