December 14, 2008

Funnies

So Alhamdulillah, I'm feeling better, not 100%, but better, thank God. I was just thinking of a funny story about when I was sick with a chest cold and was coughing so much my abs got a work out. I was sitting there, reading blogs and I kept hearing this noise, over and over. I muted the tv. There it goes again. and again. I start to try to follow the noise but it doesn't seem to get any louder or lower as I listen across the room. I finally figured out what it was and ended up in a fit of laughter/coughing. It was my lungs! I was wheezing with every breath! AH, you have to laugh to keep from crying.

Another funny illness related story was when the kids recently had colds on and off so they were taking these vitamin C fizzy tablets that you drop into water and drink. So anyway Safiyah was sitting there about to take it, when I asked her, are you going to drink it? She says "It's still loading" HAHA loading! like on a computer game. She was waiting for it to finish fizzing and decided "loading" was a good way to describe that. I love it!

Here's a poster Zayneb got free in the weekly Mickey magazine. It's so cute but I thought it was really funny too. We decided you know these are the Egyptian version of Mickey and his gang cause they brought their picnic in the pots! Classic Egyptian move. People here bring pots of stuffed grape leaves to the beach and park and stuff!

9 comments:

  1. Alhamdulillah that u r begining to feel much better ......

    Hahaha ..... Subhan Allah that happens sometimes .....

    hmmm 'loading' nice word .... it's so nice when kids come up with there own descriptive words .....

    Yum stuffed grape leaves I love them ..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heheheh I love the poster with the pots. And little Safiya masha2alla so cute thinking it's loading

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL@ pots. It looks like a Pakistani picnic too, LOLZ!

    Safiyah is very cute MashaAllah. A child of the 21st century, eh? That loading comment was too precious and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loading...:)))!I'll think of that everytime I'll take a vitamin pill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, my husband misses his Mickey magazine so much! He used to buy them every Wednesday when we were in Egypt. And how funny about the pots. That would seem so strange in a Canadian magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol @ the pots and loading :) Alhamdulilah that you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea it's really cute and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the loading expression. :) If you didn't do a close-up of the image I wouldn't notice the pots. haha~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea Hajar I didn't notice at first then I was like...HA!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!