November 4, 2008

Cosharee And Cookies


My lovely neighbor sent over some delicious Cosharee yesterday, I didn't have to cook so it was great. Since Arab ettiquitte dictates that you never send a dish back empty, I decided to send it back with some of my World Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies! Well, not really world famous, just locally famous, ha! I've turned quite a few Egyptian ladies in to choc. chip cookie lovers.I made a double batch because I also had a dish from another neighbor that sent over some Mah-shi, or stuffed cabbage. I use this recipe but used chopped chocolate in place of the chocolate chips of course, and since brown sugar is hard to find here, you can mix white sugar with molasses and voila, it's brown sugar.

16 comments:

  1. Yum .... Oh Lord ! I wish I was your neibor tooo ;) ..... my mum loves sweety things tooooo .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry I did write this b4 too but I wanted to remind u again though I've started my personal journal blog already but I'm keeping it private, only those who I invite can view it so if u'd like 2 recieve an invitation pls lemme knw ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummmy! I want some :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh well they do look nice ... send some over my way

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you share your recipe..
    or atleast send me some...lol....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could send you all some! Unique, invite me!

    UmElbanat, The recipe link is on the post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boyyyyyyyyyyy---I would love some of those right now with my coffee--they look sooooooo yummy! I think I have all the ingredients here---might try to make some today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want neighbors who send food too :-))
    Could you please share the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let me know how they come out CW!

    Jessy, I thought all Gypos do that.
    The recipe is in the link on the post, the words "this recipe".

    Lol muslimahh;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. uv made me hungry

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must have spaced out, i didn't see the link. No, but my neighbors over here don't say wa alaykum el salam when I say salam. So I don't think they're the food sending type.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hee, sorry Muneera! Jessy, that sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Salam alaikum. That just made me hungry. I wish people here were so thoughtful to send a dish of something! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for pointing out the recipe...& I really love it when my neighbor sends me food ...she's the real Egyptian cook masha Allah ...sending me mahalabia,fried kebda..liver...basboosa....yum yum ....& I send her cake & pizza..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll take the mahalabia, basboosa and cake and pizza, la shokran on the liver! ;) It's always a nice surprise, I used to have a downstairs neighbor who sent huge plates of stuffed cabbage mah-shi and Mombar! But she moved down the street.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!