November 11, 2008

Adventures In Baking



New PJ's always feel good!

So today my neighbor had me over for a little baking party while the kids were at school. We made pizza dough that she froze for later and cheesy popover thingies. While making the dough, one of the eggs another friend cracked was ROTTEN! It was so disgusting and she had just bought them a few days ago! It was watery green and smelled SO RANK! Thankfully it was in a bowl and it didn't taint the dough. but man, it was grrrooosss.

The popovers use a lot of butter, and you have tor roll them out, fold, refrigerate 3 times over but they came out so good, light and airy, MashaAllah. Kinda like a croissant rolled up with cheese inside. I doubt I can make these on my own, I screw up anything with yeast, but it was fun just hanging around talking and playing with dough!

10 comments:

  1. I love your site cuz it has so many stories with pictures!! MashAllah your kids are adorable =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so good! I can't seem to find a good dough recipe. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooohhh, gotta try making this with my MIL. I can not, for the life of me, make good dough. That lady has it down pat though!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jannah, ha, yea like a children's book!

    Muslimahh, try trusty RecipeZaar.com search then click on ratings...tried and tested!

    MJ, Always good to have someone who knows what they're doing. My MIL also bakes like its nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooo--the popovers look so good---I think I can smell them--haha. Kids look so sweet tooooo masha Allah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, thanks CW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The kids are so cuteee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe, Alhamdulilah Hijabee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. salaamz

    wonderful site... I love ur blog....i, too an american egyptian but I live in abu dhabi.

    ReplyDelete
  10. salam, thanks UmAbdulkareem!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!