October 20, 2008

This Morning

E and I went out this morning to go pick up my ID, it was a zoo in there. While I waited for the ID card that no one could find, a weird old guy tried to strike up a conversation. Apparently my body language ( looking the other way) wasn't enough of a sign that, dude, I don't want to chat! He proceeded to hack and hack till he produced a disgusting sound and a loogie right on the floor of a government building. I visibly cringed! The same floor that was littered with cigarette butts when it's supposed to be no smoking. Some other guy was digging for gold in his nostirils then rolling up his finds and flicking them on the floor. It was nauseating. My ID could not be found and I really hope I don't have to go back.

On a much better note:



E took me out to breakfast at a cute place called Felfela here. Nicer than your usual foul and falafel place. The view was gorgeous. I had the eggs with pastrami, it was yummy. The falafel was really good too.

15 comments:

  1. hahahahahahhahahaahahahah

    rofl

    yup, love egypt

    and NO i am not complaining hahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. is that the felfela on top of the cliff, I loved that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food looks yummyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks yummy!!! its been ages since the last time i ate falafel.. i should look for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. UmmTravis...good thing you didn't tag me on that...I'm just stating the facts?

    JessyZ, I guess so , there's just the one here.

    It was Hijabee!

    PrincessAnna, lemme know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHH!! Now I'm starving for some food!! That looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. m.j., You're welcome!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could really go for some foul...instead I'll just drink coffee and eat this box of Runts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, Runts for breakfast! I never know how to spell foul/fool..both ways you can't win.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thinks its foul when it refers to the food ;)

    Ya, stating facts. True that. I want to state a lot of facts. Haha. Read my new entry. I cant stooooooooooooop complaining. Is it really complaing anyway?

    Considered yourself tagged too. He he he. Maybe you can do better than April, Muslimahh and I. We suck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know but I still read it "fowl" I don't accept your tag!! JK!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Breakfast Spot! Brings back memories! Would love to do it again. Mashallah, too bad for that other annoying stuff...:)Eman

    ReplyDelete
  13. This summer, Eman inshaAllah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. aww you look so pretty in your hijab!! i get jealous of egyptians in their hijabs.. damn you have soo much choice over there

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Ange! I hope you get your hijab wish list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!