October 26, 2008

My 8 Houses

I was tagged by the lovely SabiWabi of Oy, Habibti for this 8 Homes Meme. A girl can dream! I'll tag 5 of you at the end of the post.

Where Would Your 8 Homes Be?

List them. You don’t have to list your reasons, but if you do at least for a few of them, it would be more fun. And remember that the only rule is: the homes must be within the borders of the United States of America or else, within the borders of the country you live in, so as to utterly emulate the McCains. When you’re done, tag 8 people, so that they may join in the self-indulgence, forgetting about the crappy property market and the equivalent of The End of Pompeii on Wall-Street. You could spend your time hammering your doors and windows shut in preparation for the apocalypse instead, but it would be much less fun.


I'm going to go with the US. There aren't enough places here that I know enough about or could choose from. The United States is a beautiful country with everything from big cities to mountains, deserts to forests. This is not a countdown, except that #1 is #1 on my list, Otherwise,here it is in random order.

1. New York, New York- I think it's the most diverse, exiting city in the world, filled with culture, every kind of food imaginable, Central Park, and a million things to do.


2. Kauaii, Hawaii- Then I'd have to have a place to get away, so I'd get a cute little place on the beach. Kauaii is supposed to be the most scenic island with the least volcanoes. I hear the weather's perfect there too.


3. Somewhere in NJ, Probably central Jersey. It's where I spent most of my years growing up, and we love what we know. There's also a good Islamic community there.


4. Cooke City, Montana-I'll also require a cabin in the woods just for those times I need extra seclusion. Near the Rocky's and Yellowstone National Park is perfect. A horse to ride and a few dogs on the property will do.

5. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania- Another great east coast city. Historic, more culture and CHEESE STEAKS!


6. Orlando, Florida- As a mother of 4 and a kid at heart myself I need to have a place near the big mouse. Not to mention Sea World, Epcot & Universal Studios.


7. Savannah, Georgia- Just cause I want one of those big old southern plantation houses, like in Gone with the Wind. Minus the slavery.


8. Portland, Oregon- says FindYourSpot.com. They have a fun quiz that tells you what cities suit you best. Portland was #1 on the list of 24 cities they gave me.

All this fantasy was fun, I tag- M.J./A Muslim Wife, Molly/Expat Confessions of a Multicultural Muslimah, Muslimahh/The life of a Hijabista, UmmLayla/The Egyptian's Wife, and The Cairo Wife

If I didn't tag you it's just because the tag may not fit into you're type of blog or I'm not sure you'd like to do it, but anyway, If you think it might be fun, please go ahead and consider yourself tagged. I'd particularly love to see one written on 8 homes in Egypt. Now, have at it!

5 comments:

  1. I love the homes you've chosen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowza I wonder why you chose cooke city specifically, my mom spent a summer there and we had a family reunion there. Its such a small town. Very, very odd.

    I do have a great memory of swimming in mountain lakes there though, white rock beaches, aqua blue water, sun-bleached wood. Montana is absolutely gorgeous.

    But why that city specifically???

    Will definitely do this tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks JessyZ, I just pray to have one in Jennah inshaAllah!

    A friend of mine said it was so beautiful there when they rented a cabin for a week and she wanted to live there. I look fwd to your post it was really fun to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I can visit all these places. I love travelling and there are so many places I want to visit. Montana and Savannah are on my list

    ReplyDelete
  5. InshaAllah I hope you get to do that Hijabee.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!