October 17, 2008

Alhamdulillah

Yesterday, my son Dawood had an accident. We were at the promenade, sitting at a cafe, the kids were playing in front of us. The boys were playing soccer when Dawood and another boy collided. All I saw was Dawood doubled over with his hand on his head. I looked to see if there was a bump or what and blood ran down his face. I lost it right there. Thankfully my friends were quick to react as I struggled to call E to come. In a few minutes a couple of friends of ours took him to a nearby hospital, and E arrived really quick. Apparently the kid's teeth sliced D in the head. He had to have a section shaved off and 8 stitches. Masha Allah he was really brave. My poor baby! (10 yr old baby!) Alhamdulillah it wasn't anything worse.

16 comments:

  1. Oh no! Alhamdulilah he's okay!! Poor baby! I bet you were going crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ys Allah! Humdullah he is ok.

    i dont think that "baby" feeling ever goes away. Mine is a 14 yr old baby hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Ya

    Cant spell today ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to wish I could just reserve a room at the local hospital for my boys, especially the youngest who was a real daredevil and never seemed to miss a chance to shed some blood--haha!

    Alhamdulilah your little one is OK...I think these kind of things are harder on the parents than they are on the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:12 PM

    Awwwww...What a brave one!! Alhamdulillah that it wasnt worse.. im sure his siblings were supportive!!! May allah protect them all!
    yallah ttyl..
    take care
    ma3asalamah
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alhamdulilah! May Allah protect him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alhamdulla gat saleema, rabena ye7fazhoolik. He must be so brave masha2allah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm so sorry, dear mona!

    wow, 8 stitches! he's very brave for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Everyone for your well wishes and kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alf salama ya Omm Dawood!!
    Bass masha Allah he is very brave.. I mean I am 22 and I don't know if I could handle stitchs!

    Alf salama!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks JGoe, alhamdulillah...he's a trooper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Salaams!

    OmG, hamdiallah 3ala salamtu! That must have been so hard to go through, what with head wounds bleeding as much as they do! Kudos to you for keeping a cool head and to your man for being oh, so brave!!
    I bet all the extra attention, presents and candy are making it all seem worth while though, eh?? For him of course, lol.

    S&S

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks S & S. yea he might be thinking "I should get hurt more often! " Jk!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so scary! I'm very happy to hear that he's alright, alhumdulillah!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Shawna, he's going to have it checked today and have the dressing changed inshaAllah.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a 14 year old "baby" too haha. Glad he's ok.

    Anisah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!