October 9, 2008

A stroll down memory lane

With all the whiny complainy-ness on the blog lately I thought a light hearted fluffy post was in order. I also changed the layout because the other one took forever to load. This one's clean and simple, loads quick and easier on the eyes, I think.

As a child, I spent an unhealthy amount of time watching television. I knew the tv schedule for every day all day. Really I should have written for TV Guide. Still, it was all good clean fun. Recently I was watching cartoons with the kids when HeathCliff came on and I busted out along with the theme song. Like word for word. I haven't seen that show in over 15 years at least.

"Heathcliff, Heathcliff no one should, terrify their neighborhood" I especially like the OH oh oh OH oh , oh OH part at the end. My kids just stared at me like..."OOOKAAAY".

I started thinking of all my favorite childhood shows. We'd sit and watch the whole after school line up, latch key kids that we were.
Duck Tales was a big favorite. "Life is like a hurricaine, here in, Duckberg. Racecars, lazers, airplanes, it's a duck blurr"!

Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers too. "CH-CH-CH-CHIP and DALE!" They were so cute in their tiny little bomber jackets!


Jem
was another favorite of mine, she was Truly Outrageous. I wanted star earrings like her to call in "Synergy".

When I got a bit older and my tastes were oh so mature, I got into comedy shows like Salute Your Shorts! I wanted to go to Camp Anawana and I thought it was cool that the camp leader's girlfriend's name was Mona.

Who else watched Clarissa Explains It All. I loved her funky style. Melissa Joan Heart stopped being cool after that.


What were your favorite tv shows as a kid?

18 comments:

  1. wow - u need to get yourself in the yellow pages mate - which this is not.

    anyways...
    i remember chip n dale and duck tales but not the other shows.
    i watched care bears, my little pony, ewoks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Care Bears too. Ange is referring to a bunch of spam comments I had to delete!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I still remember all of the theme songs for those shows. Pretty scary since I remember less and less as I get older. They don't show the classics anymore except if it's late at night on some obscure cable channel. I'd love to have them back on Saturday mornings lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, I can't believe I didn't post the Smurfs! I loved that show cause it seemed longer than most cartoons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooo Smurfs!! I loved that one! And I'm with Ange on the My Little Pony and Carebears.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Plus the Smurf's song is easy to memorize..."La la lala lala la la".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:41 PM

    hehe..heman..wasnt that also back in the day?

    ReplyDelete
  8. and SHE-RA princess of the universe!

    by the way how did you stretch your photo, i was thinking to add one to my layout but it just comes up small and silly looking :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. uh, by the way your new post didnt show up in my reader feed on on the feed for google... is the problem me or u?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't forget Rainbow Bright! And remember the Gummy Bears cartoon? I still get that theme song stuck in my head. Gummy Beaaaars, bouncing here and there and everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aed! I totally forgot about the Gummy Bears cartoon! I always liked that grumpy one, likewise my favorite on Sesame Street was Oscar. I wonder what that means, ha! Now I want gummy bears.

    ReplyDelete
  12. UmmTravis, Sorry I didn't reply sooner, you open the image on your computer with paint and use that edit. Under the image tab use the tools there like resize and crop. Let meknow if you need any help. I don't know about the reader thing, hope it fixes itself?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous4:47 AM

    I used to watch a ton of tv too, and all of the ones mentioned here! Salute You Shorts, me and my sister wanted to go to summer camp because of that show. Gummy Bears, mmm...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anon, thanks for commenting, Seriously, I'm getting gummy bears next time I go out. Overpriced, imported gummy bears.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jem?!

    I can't believe you remember that show! Can't believe that I forgot it!

    Remember Thundercats?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sabiwabi, Jem was awesome! Thunder Thunder, Thunder Thunder CATS!! Me and brother watched that too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry to have read this soo late but I liked Care bears , My lil pony, Sesm strt, scooby dooby, Smurfs, Bionic 6, Rescue rangers, popoey, tom & jerry, Ghost hunters, Ninja turtles, oh the list goes onnnnnnnnnnnnn .... :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Never too late Ms. Unique, I know all those except bionic 6,thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!