April 16, 2008

The Good Stuff



I feel like I complain a lot, so I should probably try to balance that out a bit here with some good stuff, Alhamdulillah.

  • The weather right now here is perfect. Not stiflingly hot yet, just warm with a nice breeze. Fajr time is especially great with a bit of chill.
  • My mom comes to Egypt in a couple of weeks! We all miss her a lot and she keeps me company.
  • School's out pretty soon too. No more groggy sandwich making mornings and nagging over homework for 3 1/2 months!
  • I'm looking at finishing school online and I'm actually looking forward to it. I was never very, shall we say, academically inclined? But I'm exited to learn and have something for me.
  • I'm just smitten with my new bedroom. I keep it neat, and admire it before falling asleep.
  • Firefox is so far superior than IE. I can't imagine why anyone would use Internet Explorer. If you are one of those people who browse the internet using silly old IE I encourage, nay, implore you to download Firefox. Reasons are to numerous to list. Just heed my advice. www.Firefox.com

9 comments:

  1. Salaam;

    Alhumdillah for all of it! Reminds me that I used to do a Daily Thankful and that I should really go back to doing that. :)

    I LOVE the Firefox jpeg you've got there. LOVE. IT. I echo your advice! IE doesn't even come close to Firefox (not even, as some IE diehards want to believe, IE 7).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mona,Assalaamu alaikum!

    I am an IE user,whats so great about firefox?...(i'll admit im being lazy by not clicking on the link you provided,lol)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your daily thankfuls bea, really made me think of the little things. When I saw that jpeg, I had to use it!!
    Miss, What's NOT so great about firefox. Firstly, you can open multiple windows called tabs in one window instead of several ie windows. Its customizable, if your browser window closes unexpectedly, it rememebers!! the power cuts out here sometimes or whatever. It will ask if you want it to reload the previous browser with all the tabs you had open as it was! You can set it to delete your history, etc each time you close the browser or not. It's faster, it's cooler plus on firefox you can see my little favicon! (next to the url or on your bookmark list, the little blue flower from the leave reply button)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:27 PM

    oh wow mashaAllah all sounds cool...where you thinking of going to school cuz im looking around too and was wondering if you know of anything good. salaam, hala

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Hala, I don't know yet..I'm still researching and figuring out how to go about it and what's reputable, if my old credits are even valide etc. Good luck to you too inshaAllah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:11 PM

    Hey Khaltoo Mona
    You are pretty lucky that the weather at Egypt now is perfect. Well, right now..yeah now,here at Riyadh, there is a dust storm. *Cough cough*. very dusty. I hope it rains. But earlier today at noon was really hot and humid.
    Anyways i honestly cant wait till school's out, and to see you!

    yous truly,
    Mariam W. H.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mariam! Thanks for reading, We all can't wait to see you guys and miss you all soooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A muslim should always thank Allah in good times and hard ones.

    IE used to crash on many websites and render it wrong so I see it as هادم الصفحات ومفرق الأكواد :)

    'Firefox' is an excellent browser as it runs smoothly almost over the majority of websites, and 'Opera' also however I recommend using Firefox.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:49 PM

    Hey Mona,

    Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, brown paper packages tied up with spring, These are a few of my favorite things...

    You are right, we need to look at all the great things we have. Working with children has taught me to find the delight and awe in the things adults take for granted. So much in life is a blessing really. Remember when we could be amused for hours following ants, or watching dust specks from a sunny shining window? When life gets you down, I guess we all have to look at all the blessings around us. Thanks for reminding us to do that! love eman

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!