April 22, 2008

Facebook Friends


Who's on Facebook? Who's not on Facebook is probably the right question. Facebook is a great way to keep in touch with friends. (and friends of friends!) and family members. I love the idea as long as it's in moderation. I know some people get addicted to it and spend hours a day on there and to some it's a "who has more friends" thing. I just like it to touch base with some people I haven't seen in a long time and stuff. I enjoy a few applications but I'm not crazy about too many of them. Some might shy away from joining and publicly displaying info, but you have total control over who sees your profile, info, pictures if you chose to post them. I like the simple easy to read layout too. I was turned off of MySpace because of the crazy profile pages that could give someone a seizure.

I love logging on to find a new friend request, and seeing friend's pictures or reading what they are up to. Here is my My Profile Page. I'll add you as long as I know you, meaning we've IMed or you comment on here regularly or I comment on your blog or I know you in real life, and you're a girl. Make yourselves known people!

9 comments:

  1. I once made an account on Facebook, but i long forgot my password, And did ot even ry to rcover my password.
    Guess, I dint like it much.

    Maryam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maryam, did you search for friends on there? It's great fun, it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wth is with people a facebook? This is like the third or fourth blog in a row talking about facebook.

    I think facebook is the devil and I rarely go on mine because of all the stupid applications ppl just randomly invite me to. Its usually about 200 everytime I log on.

    Definitely not my cup of tea. I see how it could be useful finding old friends and stuff, but really, beyond that? blah. I'd give you my page but it wouldn't do you any good, I almost never log on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess it's not for everyone, I too don't like a lot of the applications but I don't get invited to many, thankfully. For a while there I was invited to be people's Human Pet dozens of times. I just ignore it. I have a lot of family in the US and abroad that it helps me keep in touch with, so that's it's main purpose for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really enjoy facebook. i'm not particularly social so i only have about a dozen friends that i know in real life. i don't like the extra applications or games and stuff though. i just act like i don't see the invites :).

    ma'a salaamah,

    ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salaams Mona,

    Like Maryam,I also had a facebook account..but I dont have any recollection of the password or my username! I wasnt particully fond of it either....

    ...and yes,im back :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hijabi Apprentice...Thanks for visiting! I ignore those invites too!

    Miss, So glad your back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:41 PM

    Asalamu alaikum,I should go over to face book to find you.I stop by here a couple of times a day.Where are you?I have to get my mommamona fix!!!! Salam,Umasiya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please do, UmAsiya, I have been sick and organizing a room a day in our ap
    artment this past week, Alhamdulillah. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!