February 23, 2008

Tag...


Maryam tagged me. Assignment: Write 6 things everyone should do before they turn 18. Oh that seems so long ago...

Da Rules: List 6 actions or achievements you think every person should accomplish before turning 18.There are no conditions on what can be included on the list.At the end of your post, choose 6 people to get tagged and list their names.People who are tagged write their own blog entry with their 6 suggestions.Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged.

1)Know your deen and embrace it. I don't mean you have to know all there is to know and be a scholar, but know why you're a Muslim, (or insert your religion here) and "Cause my parents are" isn't the right answer.

2)Volunteer, aside from having a paying job, do something to help others. Organize a food drive, help clean up your community, help out at a nursing home. It builds character, teaches you social responsibility and it humbles you.

3)Learn to cook a few meals. I'm not just talking about girls here. You should know how to make yourself and others dinner if needed, plus it's fun!

4)Love your self. Learn to love the person you are, your inner and external qualities and all the little idiosyncrasies that make you, you.

5)Enjoy not being an adult yet, in other words be a kid, you're still allowed.

6)Make Healthy eating and exercise a habit now, you will thank yourself later! On the other hand your metabolism is awesome right now, so take advantage of that too.

I tag: UmmLayla, Alienbea, Ummhana, LittleMissMuslimah, and Molly!

5 comments:

  1. Maryam6:20 PM

    Pretty good points huh :-D

    I liked the 5 point the most, Its so true, I used to feel the same when i was neither big nor small ...... :-)

    www.infoguide.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salaam,

    LoL I see this internet tagigng thing is real huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maryam, I still want to be kid-like at times!
    AngryMuslimah, Hee! yep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will do this tag, I promise...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Molly, ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!