February 13, 2008

I heart Hello Kitty

I'm a grown woman and I love anything and everything Hello Kitty. That *cute* little white cat always puts a smile on my face. You can get HK everything. Not that I google it a lot or anything, but I happen to covet quite a bit of HK paraphernalia. There's a whole lot more to HK than stationary and toys. There are HK toasters and waffle makers, egg and rice molds, HK fridges, cd players, computers and cars. You name it there's a HK version somewhere. You could go too far like this guy's wife. I'm sure I could get pretty obsessed if I had the means. Me, I have a small collection of stationary things from when I lived in the states. The flickr photo page has notes.

This is the tin I covered in Hello Kitty stickers that I put this stuff in.

She's on my fridge too!

12 comments:

  1. When I was a little girl, I lived near a hello kitty store. I was obsessed and still am. When I got to the mall, I always have to stop and look. Mind you, I am the only person taller than 3 ft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They new me at the sanrio store at my local mall in Jersey. Oh how aweseome would a Sanrio store be in Egypt? Probably overpriced!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hk is the cutest! here in taiwan you find everything hk, from tvs to cake's pan!
    great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks living...I'd love to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love HK too!I dont know why but I want a Hello Kitty umbrella!lol Im such a weirdo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got a hello kitty sewing machine. It was down to only $35 from $145 at Target! You wouldn't believe the amount of hello kitty (actualy I liked pochacco the dog and keroppi the frog) I had when I was back and forth t Japan 2-3 times a year!LOL Let's just say lots:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss...Weird? Far from it...What could be better on a rainy day??

    UmmLayla, that's awesome! Japan fascinates me, not only because it's home to HK but it seems so modern, efficient and really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am 33 and love Hello Kitty! My mom still sends me HK stuff regularly! Love it!

    ma'a salaamah,

    ha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Japan is cool. But I must say I enjoyed the old cities like Kyoto much more than Tokyo;) Although there is some amazing stuff in Tokyo, and I was always bewildered by the number of people and the constant activity... The movie Lost in Translation captures it pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HA, that's awesome.

    UmmLayla, that movies on my "want to see list"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Salaam Alaikum,

    There are such things as Hello Kitty shops?! Wow! I love Chococat and Miffy too. So cute. I used to have a Hello Kitty Alarm clock but it wasn't loud enough.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saifya, Alaikum alsalam, I think it's called Sanrio but there could be shops just for the Hello Kitty character. Don't you know that alarm clock's purpose is to sit there and *look cute* ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!