February 24, 2007

Spring Cleaning...


I have GOT to get started. Spring has started here, and I feel the need to clean, InshaAllah. Getting started is the hardest part. After that, seems there's no stopping me, but actually getting started is the key.

Motivation is very important. One good way is to invite someone over. I'm good under pressure. Problem is, guests don't go into my bedroom so that always ends up as the catch-all for everything that I want to keep away from little hands. Another good motivator is looking at Real Simple magazine. Nothing makes you feel more organizationally inferior like the clean lines in there.

I have every intention of getting this place sparkling, really I do. I do! It's just kinda daunting, you know? There's so much to do. The kitchen walls need a good scrubbing. I have to move the washer and clean whatever lurks under there. I've mentioned my room. Even the balcony needs to be washed. Apparently some birds think it's their own personal loo. I think it's impossible to do it all in one day. That means getting motivated to clean on more than one occasion.

Don't get me wrong. We are not slobs and things get cleaned up here on a daily basis, but the big jobs are a bit more arduous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!