February 10, 2007

!@#$%* bus driver!!

Ouff! First day back to school today and the bus driver successfully put me in a grumpy mood. Dawood and Zayneb go downstairs to wait for the bus at 6:05, (yikes, I know.) Usually the bus comes within 5 minutes. I wait and watch from the balcony. 6:20...nothing. I call the bus driver's mobile, it's off. 6:35, the bus drives by in the other direction, I figure he'll turn around an come back cause there's a a division in the middle. Nope. Meanwhile, I keep trying his mobile. No luck. I call the school...they dismiss my concern and tell me he's on his way. 6:45 NO BUS! I told the kids to come upstairs. Finally he answers his phone...He said he came by twice, honked and they weren't there. Bull! I was standing there watching him drive by! I said, well, when are you coming? He said at Salwa's pick up time, 7:30. But D& Z can't ride with the KG bus, it's not allowed. What?! YOU are the one who did not pick up my kids, idiot! The reason we pay for the bus is that my husband works late and can't wake up early everyday to drive them to school. In the end E took the three of them to school but on their way to the car, the bus driver was waiting and honking away.

I am so sick of this bus crap. He doesn't have a set time that he comes at everyday, if he comes early he'll honk then leave without giving enough time for the kid to get downstairs. I hope next year we can work some kind of carpool or I get an Egyptian driver's license or something because this is unnerving. The bus is 1000LE per kid for this?

6 comments:

  1. Are you kidding? $1000 LE per kid? Do you have ur US driver's license? I had my cdn one, and the procedure to change it to an egyptian one is pretty easy.....you just go to the transportation office and do all the paperwork. Then I got my egyptian citizenship, and brought in my "foreignor" issued DL, and had it switched to Egyptian citizen. I never got tested, drove or anything. I'd do it, $1000 LE is too much per child....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, its pretty steep. My US license expired a long time ago...I have find out if I can still do that. Oh yea,I have to learn to drive a stick shift too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do this sooner than later, bring in the expired DL and see what happens. About the stick shift....hmmmm.....well, if you can afford a new car, there are automatic available...my BIL bought a used car....1985 something or other....and it was automatic......you have to GET on this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 7ader ya Safa. Will start procrastinating about this...NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you driving yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incidently!! We just changed our car and it's an automatic! YAY! Gotta get on the license thing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!