April 28, 2005

Sleep

I haven’t blogged in a while, not much going on. I'm still on the "diet" and it's surprisingly easier than I thought. Of course I have moments of weakness, but 95% of the time I'm able to step away from the chocolate.

The kid's have a few days off school for Easter, so it’s nice to be able to sleep in a bit. I hate alarm clocks. I swear, EVERY DAY, when the alarm rings, I'm always like "huh...what the?...what's that noise?" (In my head, I don't actually say that) I never hear it and think "oh, the alarm."

I guess I'm kind of a deep sleeper. It has its good points and bad. The good thing is I can sleep through the neighbors fighting, and the loud music outside. The bad, on the other hand has gotten better over the years with the responsibility of hungry children and what not. Years ago when I lived in my parent's house my brother woke me up from a mid afternoon nap because, apparently he broke his finger playing basket ball. Me, half asleep brushed off his swollen blue digit and rolled over. I still feel so bad about that. (Don't worry my mom came home and he went to the hospital) I'm surprised he forgave me for that. His sleep is a whole other level of deep. Comatose deep. We have a little habit of calling him Arabic for corpse. But again, when there's something to be done he is up and Adam. (What does that figure of speech mean anyway?) (edited in '08 to add that I realize now that the phrase is "Up and at'em, duh)

Even when I feel there aren’t enough hours in the day, sweet slumber usually takes priority. When I'm really tired I fall asleep within a minute of hitting the pillow, and if at some point during the night I regain partial consciousness only to change positions, I revel in how delicious this sleep is. Sleep is, in fact a blessing from Allah, so Alhamdullilah.



2 comments:

  1. lol! I totally know what your talking about coz I am one of those deep sleepers too,Those almost like dead sleepers...well,Alhamdulillah as many people suffer from poor sleep ,so It 's really a good thing to be such a good sleeper.Well,take care sister and go ahead and get your rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:44 PM

    Yeah and for some reason, I feel like i need more sleep than when i was like 16...and then i have to drink tea or java to go on with my second wind...whats up with that? Didnt need that before.
    Eman

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!