April 23, 2005

Go Me!

So I am actually sticking to a diet, almost a week now. I don't really like the word "diet". To me it implies that it's temporary, and I really don't want to go back to the "all you can eat" mentality. I don't have a scale, so I can't really tell how I'm doing until it's actually visually noticeable, InshaAllah.

I have cut out sweets, other than the sugar in my coffee or tea. I'm not snacking at all. I have a big breakfast, a light lunch and dinner and don't eat at night anymore. That was a huge problem for me. I already feel better even if just mentally. We'll see how it goes, but I feel good about this and resisting the sweets/snacks/carbs (somewhat) is getting easier each day.

Now to implement some kind of exercise...

5 comments:

  1. i have to give you my favorite diet tip: if you are absolutely, positively craving something sweet, like chocolate, eat three dates instead. Dates have fiber and something about them that scientists can't figure out actually play a role in stabilizing blood sugar levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:51 PM

    Keep up the good work ,eating at night is the worse bad habbits.Remember the late time eating while watching TV ,such as Tagrebti......ect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:42 PM

    Way to go dude...I am learning about all kinds of vegetables i never knew existed...Keep up the good work...I cheated yesterday though and ate nuts at night.
    Eman basha 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:21 PM

    assalamualykum
    u can mix up some dried fruits and some raw (not roasted, salted or covered in sugar!) nuts/ almonds/ cashews walnuts etc so if u wabt a snack its a helthy one, i used to carry a bag around when i was pregnant with baby 1 and it helped. i avoided the cholcolate/ dounts etc etc, been down hil ever since! i have my ups and downs. anyway i find the children also like that snack too. i stop buying the choc and bics and go through a phase so if i am really desperate for a few days i make some flap jacks or biscuits etc. also raw cane sugar is better for us than the whilte refined stuf, but u prob already know that the white refined things r usually worse, ie bleached white flour white sugar etc etc, an check the ingredients in things, glucose fructose, corn syrup all bad forms or sugar.

    u can make cakes with dates in them, yummy. i am waiting till i finish this batch of chocs! i am not going to buy any,more insha'Allah. i do find when i am active and excersing, even if its only taking out 5 mins of going up and down the stairs or running around the room with the children in a game, i don't feel like eating! or if i eat a home made kebab that fills me up so i don't want to eat for ages and ages. anyway take care
    wasalam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all for the tips!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!