January 25, 2005

BOOOOBAAAAAHH!

Have you seen this? I realize this British children's show is not a new phenomenon, but we just started getting it here, and well, I'm frightened! But I can't stop staring at it.

Have you SEEN this?? Can we say "ACID TRIP"?

Ok, Boobahs or whatever they are, they are these big, colorful, bouncy, light-up creatures with a face like a baby doll except they don't have a mouth, or it doesn't show. They creepily look side to side all the time and make weird noises, including flatulence noises. They all have names ending in Bah, like jingjingbah or something.

I do like the racial diversity, but besides the part where they show different family members, I don't get what the point is. Teletubbies, while a bit strange at least have something to teach. If anyone knows the secret to this show and what the purpose or educational value of it is, please enlighten me.

4 comments:

  1. Thank God I am not the only one who thought that. I was at my mothers a couple of weeks ago and Boobah came on. After a couple of minutes, I looked over at my mother and commented that someone must have been smoked up when they created this show. What a waste of time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:15 PM

    Ok, mona...I never heard of this creey show...give me a clue how to find and ill give you my ideas...its me eman...

    ReplyDelete
  3. At this point kids shows make no sense to me whatsoever. They are all so flashy and "quick", the first sign of the generation gap(s)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok "boobah" is the only word you manage to say when you are so stoned that you can not string together a proper sentence.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!